Instagram, the photo-sharing app owned by Facebook is one of the most happening apps for today’s generation. It was first released in the year 2010 and in these 9 years, it has gained limelight, especially because of the photo edits that can be done using the app.
One of the most popular trends created in Instagram is the “hashtag” which are specific keywords combined with a hash symbol. Instagram is a platform for online social interaction and recreation.
With all the striking features where Instagram has gained popularity worldwide, the users also have to face some error at times. Today we are going to discuss elaborately the error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” and how to resolve it. This error occurs when you get logged out and you try to re-login. Instagram, instead of letting you to log in, shows the error message. It seems to be confusing as you do not know whether the issue is with your internet connectivity or the servers of Instagram.
Reason for getting the error:
- Maybe you are banned from Instagram for violating their policies or posting some malicious content.
- When you login into your account with a particular device, they detect IMEI number, and you get to see the error
- Another reason that can bar you from accessing your account is server error or bad internet coverage.
- If there is a bug or issue with your login information, you may face the issue.
- Sometimes your device keeps the data of each application that is used on it. And some of that corrupt information can mess up with your login to the apps. That may result in an error.
Methods to resolve the issue “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”:
1. Check if servers are down
Before trying out any other technical methods, it would be wise to check the Instagram servers. You can do check it online by “Down Detector” and can also ask your friends if they are facing challenges in logging into their account. If Instagram is inflicted with a service problem, the users may face errors while logging in. In such cases, it would be better to wait for sometime before starting the other troubleshooting methods.
2. Remove Facebook account from Instagram
This is the easiest way to resolve the issue. For this, you need to have the Instagram account connected to your Facebook account.
- Open the Instagram website on any browser using your mobile.
- Log in to your Instagram account via browser.
- Go to the account settings and unlink the Facebook account if you have added any.
- Now create a new Facebook account to connect to your Instagram account.
- Once you have created the new Facebook account, log in to the Instagram account using another phone.
- Now connect the new Facebook account to the Instagram account.
- Clear the data of the application on your mobile,
- Login with Facebook on Instagram
Now open the Instagram app on your own mobile and login to Instagram using Facebook.
3. Disable your Instagram account temporarily
Disabling your account for some period of time is also an easy fix. Follow the instructions mentioned below to perform the task.
- Log in to your Instagram account via website.
- Go to your profile
- Click on “edit profile”
- Tap on “temporary disable my account”
- Submit a reason for disabling your account and remember that you can deactivate your account only once in a week.
- Type your password.
- Wait for 6 hours and do not login to your Instagram account during this time.
- After 6 hours, try to login to your account using the app.
- You should be able to login smoothly.
4. Reset factory settings of your Device
If none of the above works, try to factory reset your device. Remember to take the backup of your phone’s data before you reset.
- Take the backup of your personal data
- Go to the device settings
- Find “factory reset” option
- Click on “reset”
- Wait for a few minutes for the reset process to finish.
- Once it is done, download the Instagram app again
- Login to the Instagram account using the app
5. Create an Instagram clone
This is a little different way to get access to your Instagram account. Creating an Instagram close using the dual app feature can fix the problem.
- Go to the settings of your phone and click on dual app.
- Find “Instagram” and toggle over the button.
- You will find another Instagram app on your home screen
- Click on the new Instagram app and login to your account and check if the issue is resolved.
6. Use the ‘Parallel Space’ app to fix the problem
This method is something similar to the previous one. You can create a clone of Instagram application using Parallel Space app.
- Download “Parallel Space” app from the play store or app store.
- Once it is downloaded, open it and create a clone for Instagram
- Immediately a shortcut will appear on the home page.
- Open the clone on your home screen and login to your account with the login details
- You should now be able to access your account hassle-free
7. Change IMEI number and Android ID
This method is useful for those users who have rooted their phone. If you have done that too, uninstall the Instagram app and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Uninstall the Instagram app from your phone
- Change the IMEI number and android id of your device
- Reboot your phone
- After rebooting, download and install the Instagram app
- Login to your Instagram account and you would be able to login successfully.
If the ‘Sorry, there was a problem with your request’ Instagram Error is due to your device ID being flagged, then this is a sure way to lift that flag.
8. Try accessing Instagram from a different device
Sometimes, just logging in to your Instagram account from a different device might resolve the issue. If you are able to login to your account from the other device, that means that there was a fault in the device that you were using.
9. Reset your phone number
This trick has worked for many Instagram users. This can be done using the following steps.
- Login to your Instagram account from a computer or use the browser option in your mobile
- Go to “edit profile” option and replace your phone number with a new one
- Now open the Instagram app on your mobile
- Click on “forgot password” link
- Select “send login link” using the phone number
- Enter the code from the text message
- Try to login to your Instagram account
10. Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app on your mobile
Some have claimed that their issues have been resolved simply by uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram account on their mobile. The following steps can help you to do it.
- On your phone, go to settings> Apps and tap on ‘Instagram’
- Click on the ‘uninstall’ button and the click on ‘OK’ when prompted.
- Once done, switch off your phone and then switch it on after a few seconds
- Now, download the Instagram app from the App Store or play store and install it
- Now, trying to login with your login credentials and check if you are able to do it.
11. Use Instagram help center to verify your Instagram account
When you have tried almost everything and still not able to resolve the issue; seek help from the Instagram help center.
- Open the Instagram app and instead of entering your login details, click on “get help signing in”.
- When you click on it, a screen will appear where you would be asked to enter your phone number. Enter the phone number that you have access to.
- You will receive a “reset password” link and 6 digit security codes on your mobile as SMS.
- Click on the link that you have received and enter the 6 digit code
- Click on “verify your account”
- Shut down all applications those are open
- Open the Instagram app and try to login to your account
12. Contact the Instagram Help Center using email
If you are not able to login even after using the “reset password” link, contact the Instagram help center team via email.
- Search for “Log In help” option
- Send an email to the Help center team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Explain your problem elaborately and send an email.
- You will receive an email from the help center team.
- In the email, you will receive the link and asked to access it and open Instagram
- When you access Instagram using the link, you should be able to login successfully.
- If you do not get a quick response, send the email a couple of times in a week and that will increase your chances of getting a response from the Instagram help center.
Developers are constantly trying to upgrade the application so that it can provide an error-free service to you. Till then, hope the above-mentioned methods will be useful for you to resolve the Instagram error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”.