If you’re running a business on Instagram and you have massive followers, you definitely know how tiresome it is to reply to every message in the DM manually.
Your potential customers don’t like waiting when they send messages in the DM, this means if you’re not replying to messages fast, you’re losing prospects that could have become your customers.
The best solution to this problem is sending auto-replies; this allows you to send automated messages to your Instagram followers, it could be sending welcome messages to your new followers or replying to some of their questions.
In this post, we’ll take a look at setting up auto-replies on Instagram DM so that you take advantage of it and improve your business.
Benefits Of Auto Replies On Instagram DM
Speed up replies
A lot of users are complaining about businesses not responding to their queries on time, setting up the auto-replies will help speed up the process.
The majority of your prospects will end up asking the same questions and there is a way to configure the questions in a way that users get automated replies once their question is detected.
There are some automated tools out there that can detect words and send automatic replies to the DM. Not only in the DM, but it’s also possible to set up auto comment replies as well and the main benefit is speeding up the time of reply which is more effective than replying to them manually.
Even if you manage to reply to all your prospects, you’ll realize that a lot of time is required. It’s not easy as a business owner to spend hours or even days replying to prospects and at the same time servicing your business. If it happens that you have a customer support team, it will not be easy with them as well. When you set up an auto DM on Instagram you can save yourself time and also for your customer support team so that you can both attend to other important aspects of your business.
If you hire people to handle customer queries, it means you’re spending a lot of money paying them and the more time they spend, the more money you’re going to pay them. Once you set up the auto dm replies, you’ll be able to hire fewer people managing queries from customers and prospects, which means more money is saved for your business.
Attend to customers if you’re offline
Replying to messages using the traditional ways requires that you’re always online in order to message your prospects. But when the automated DMs are set up on Instagram, no need to be online. The automated system will take care of itself to respond to queries while you’re away, this means that your business will provide better customer care than your competitors and it’s a huge advantage to your business.
When To Use Auto Replies On Instagram?
You might be wondering whether your business needs auto DMs or not? Well, every business needs to set up auto DMs on Instagram and if you’re still not convinced, here are situations where you’ll definitely need to set up the auto DMs;
This is one of the ways any business can benefit from Instagram auto DMs; Whenever you have a new follower on your profile, you can send automated DMs explaining what your business is all about and how you can service them. Not only businesses but even individual freelancers and professionals can also take advantage of auto DMs by sending introductions. You’ll be able to thank them and share your deals, pricing info or any other aspect that concerns your business or profession.
Provide Contact Details
Instagram DM has a lot of limitations and it’s better to get your prospects off the platform if you want to communicate effectively. Instagram limits the number of messages you can send on a daily and hourly basis. It’s good to initiate communication on the platform but you need to make sure that prospects can contact outside the platform.
You can end up losing your Instagram account and all your followers will be lost. Since your contact details are the same, you don’t have to spend a lot of time sending them manually, Instagram Auto DM can send automated messages that have your contact details to all your new followers.
Payment And Shipment Details
This is for those who are into eCommerce, you definitely want to send payment details to prospects and you want to receive their shipment details in order to forward the products ordered. With the Instagram auto DMs, you’re able to automate sending your payment details and also telling your customers how to send shipment details.
Answer Common Questions
You’ll receive repetitive questions on Instagram and it’s boring to keep answering the same question over and over again. Instagram auto DMs allow businesses and individuals to automate sending answers to common questions by their prospects. This is where you can save a lot of time especially if you have a list of all the common questions asked by prospects. You just need to set up the questions and answers appropriately and everything will be taken care of on autopilot.
Run Instagram Giveaways On Autopilot
If you have been following the trends, you know how effective giveaways are, sending giveaways manually isn’t a way to do it. Giveaways like discount codes or digital products can be automated with Instagram auto DMs. It’s a set-and-forget process that will help you attract more prospects and also more followers to your Instagram account.
Instagram do consider accounts that exchange messages as having a close relationship, such accounts are considered as family. In most cases, when you initiate the conversation by sending automated messages, you’ll find that a lot of the users that receive such messages will reply back. The point is, if you’re exchanging messages with users, your posts and stories will always be displayed on top of their feed and that means more exposure for your business.
Promote your business
Instagram doesn’t like it promoting your business and services in the DM, but you can still do things right. You can take advantage of the Instagram auto DMs to promote your offers and you will be able to get more conversions. Most of your followers don’t know about your offers or they have seen it but forgotten. Promoting your business and services using the auto DM setup will remind them what you have for them.
These are some of the situations where you’ll find yourself needing to set up Instagram auto DMs and I believe every business out there wants to achieve some of them for their business.
Can You Set Up Auto Replies On Instagram?
Instagram allows sending auto-replies using the “Quick Replies” option that’s only available to “Instagram Business Accounts” if you’re using a normal personal account, you have to upgrade to business in order to access the “Quick Replies” feature. This feature, however, has a lot of limitations, if you want advanced features for sending auto-replies on Instagram, you have to use third-apps and other services.
If you’re looking for basic functionalities, the Instagram “quick replies” should be enough. In most cases, it’s used to answer common questions asked by your followers and everything can be set up using the Instagram DMs. You can provide working hours, directions, rates for your services, contact information and even links to websites. Anyone in any field can take advantage of the Instagram quick replies, it can be medical professions, legal, and local businesses.
How To Set Up Instagram Quick Replies
Upgrade your Instagram account to a business account
It has been mentioned above that the “Quick Replies” is only available to business accounts and if you don’t have a business profile, that’s what you need to do first. Here is how to upgrade your Instagram account to business;
- Launch the Instagram app and login.
- Click on your profile picture which is at the button right of the screen.
- Then you tap on the three horizontal lines from the top right corner.
- Tap on “Settings” and select “Account”.
- You then tap either “Switch to Professional Account” or “Switch to Business Account”. You select any of these options that are displayed for you, you’ll be asked to choose between “Creator” and “Business”, you should select “Business”.
- Click next and you’ll be required to connect your Facebook page and all the info on the FB page will be displayed on your Instagram profile. If you don’t have a Facebook page, you’ll be prompted to create a new page and you’ll be directed to do so.
- Tap “Done” when finished and you have now upgraded to Instagram business. You’ll enjoy a lot of benefits after switching to Instagram business, these include having full access to Instagram Analytics, auto-publishing single-image posts, tagging people and adding locations, managing Instagram comments effectively, and also using the “Quick Replies” feature to set up auto DMs.
Since your Instagram business account is ready, you can now access the quick replies feature we’re talking about.
Using Instagram Quick Replies
- Login to your Instagram account and go to your business profile.
- Tap on the three lines placed at the right corner of your screen.
- Select “Settings” from the menu options.
- Then you select “Business” in the list of options.
- Next, you can see the “Quick Replies” option shown on the screen.
- Since you’re using quick replies for the first, the next screen displayed to you will be blank and you will be given the option to create new replies by tapping on the + sign which is at the top right corner. If you have previously set up quick replies, you can see them all on this screen.
- Once you tap on the + sign, you can see a message that says “Add quick reply” and there are fields below where you can compose your quick reply message.
- There is a message field that says “Write the full message you want to send to customers” you need to add the full message there. It can be anything; let’s say you want to add working hours, your message could read “opening hours are Wednesday to Sunday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm” or you can add contact details that will include contact email, phone number, website or street address.
- The next field is named “Shortcut” this is where you specify when to send the quick reply for the message you have composed. You should use common words and phrases that are mostly asked by your prospects. Instagram will send the auto-reply when it detects the user type such word as their first word. You need to do some testing here to ensure that you’re sending the auto-replies to the right users.
Creating Instagram Quick Replies From Existing Message
You can create Instagram quick replies from existing messages you have in the DM, you can use this option to save time. Here are the steps to do that;
- Go to your DM and locate the message you want to use in Quick replies.
- Long tap the message you want to use.
- A menu will pop up on the screen with three options, you should tap the last option that says “Save Quick Reply”.
- The message will be automatically transferred to the quick reply manager and the new screen will open.
- When the “Add quick reply” screen opens you can edit the message to remove unwanted text and words.
- You should also fill the “Shortcut” field where you can specify the type of query that should send the automated DM.
- Once you’re done, save your changes and it should start working immediately.
These are the simple steps for sending quick replies using the official Instagram feature, but as mentioned earlier, this option has a lot of limitations because it only works in the DM. This means that users must contact you through the DM before they can receive quick replies. The quick reply can’t reply to comments nor send a DM when they detect a user’s comments. You can’t use the Instagram quick replies feature to send a dm for every new follower you get nor reply to users that leave a comment on your posts.
These are all limitations of this tool, if you’re looking for better functionalities, you have to use better options like Gramto. It’s an Instagram growth tool that can automate most of your Instagram tasks. Let’s take a look at Gramto and see some of the amazing features they have to help you send auto DMs on Instagram.
Gramto DM Manager
This is the best tool you want to use when it comes to not only sending Instagram Auto DMs but also when you want to manage your Instagram DMs effectively.
You already know that Instagram has a lot of limitations for the PC version and for someone that wants to be effective, they should be using a PC to manage their Instagram account.
Gramto is the best tool to use on PC to automate most of your Instagram tasks with ease. You’re able to manage multiple Inboxes at a time and can schedule your posts with an absolute breeze, and the best part of it is that you can get started for free with no credit card required.
With Gramto, you’re not limited when it comes to sending auto DMs like in the case of Instagram quick replies, you can send welcome messages to all your new followers.
You’re able to send Auto DMs for different actions performed by your followers. Setting up the whole process takes less than three minutes and you can get started for free. If you want to upgrade to pro, you can go ahead to enjoy full features without boundaries.
As someone that’s dealing with 100s or 1000s of messages every day on Instagram, Gramto is your best tool. It makes broadcasting of messages easier, you can send messages to all your followers at once, send auto DMs to users of hashtags, and can send messages by location.
This is bulk automation and messaging tool that will simplify your day, it’s time to stop spending most of your time managing your Inbox and let Gramto take care of it for you. Let’s take a look at some of the features they have;
- Schedule your posts; You can schedule your posts with ease, this will save you a lot of time. Instagram has the best posting time; this is the time when your followers are active the most and it’s possible that you’re not available. If that’s the case, you can schedule your posts at the appropriate time with Gramto. You can also Post Instantly without the need to schedule the posts, it’s really hard to post videos with the Instagram web version, in most cases you have to use the app. Gramto will take care of everything right from your browser since it’s a cloud-based app.
- Post Statistics; You have to upgrade your IG account to business in order to view analytics and even by using the app there are limitations. Gramto allows users to track the growth and progress of their account by showing them full insight for the performance of all their account activities so that they can focus on the best strategy that works.
- Post comments; First to comment is very important on Instagram and it’s a spot you don’t want to miss when you add a new post. Gramto allows users to take the first comment, this is the best place to add your hashtags and any important information you want to send to your followers. Adding hashtags in the first comment has proven to be more effective than adding them in captions. Gramto can automatically hijack the first comment before other users are able to do so.
- Auto DMs; This is the most interesting part of this tool because users notice Inbox messages more than anywhere on Instagram, Gramto DM manager makes broadcasting of messages easier than any other Instagram tool out there. With Gramto you’re able to send introductions to all your new followers, you can send Auto DMs whenever a user mentions certain hashtags, you can send auto DMs when certain words are detected in messages, you can send the auto DMs when they leave a comment on some of your posts. When it comes to DM automation, Gramto is the best and it can’t be compared with other expensive Instagram tools.
- Excellent addons; You don’t need to pay extra fees in order to use the powerful add-ons that come with the Gramto tool. These addons are responsible for allowing users to perform tasks that are not possible on the Instagram app. It’s the addons that make automation easier than other tools, and you can enjoy some of the best features for free.
- Import media from different sources; If you are storing your media content on the cloud, you don’t need to take the stress of downloading on your Pc and then uploading it to Instagram. With Gramto you can import media files from Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and more.
- Proxy support; Using the same Ip address for managing multiple Instagram accounts is the fastest way to get an account flagged. Gramto has thousands of Proxies to ensure every user has a unique Ip address based on their location. This is the best way to stay safe on Instagram because when they detect IP addresses different from the user location, they will raise suspicion on the account which can eventually lead to suspension.
- Advanced Target; If you’re a business owner, you want to target only the right social media followers if you want to get the best conversion for your offers. Gramto has an advanced targeting system that lets you target users based on Location, Hashtags, username, and collections. You’re able to repost your content based on these parameters.
- Auto Reposts; Not all your posts will do well in terms of outreach, Gramto allows you to auto repost so that you can have a second chance to reach a bigger audience. You have the option to repost your photos and photo albums, videos, and video albums and you can repost to Instagram reels as well.
There are still more amazing features you can find on Gramto, go ahead and try their services for free so that you can see how powerful the tool is when it comes to sending Auto DMs and other Instagram growth services they have as well.