Forgot Instagram Password – How To Regain Account?
When talking about top social media apps, Instagram is one of the platforms that always top the charts. It was first launched in 2010 as a photo-sharing app but today, it has grown to become one of the most popular social media platforms out there. It has more than 400 million active monthly users and the number is increasing every day.
One of the many reasons to like Instagram is that it allows you to upload and share your photos. You can share your special memories with your friends and family via Instagram. It has also provided a platform for all the skilled photographers out there. They showcase their talent by uploading beautiful photos to their account. Other than that the platform also allows you to gain connection and make new friends. With so many things to do on the platform, it is never a dull experience to use Instagram.
Forgot your Instagram password?
It takes a lot of time and effort to promote your Instagram account and gain followers. The more followers you get, the more popular you become on the platform.
To keep our account safe from the hands of outsiders, we often set complicated passwords. But then we are always at the risk of forgetting these difficult to remember passwords. If you are a password manager then you are out of the danger zone. But for those who don’t, you need to make extra effort to memorize your password.
In case, you forget your Instagram password, there is no way you can recover the same password. However, you can regain your account by resetting your password. In other words, you need to set a new password in order to get your account back.
The good thing is that Instagram offers you a simple password changing process. So whether you forgot your password or someone have changed it without your permission, you can still recover your account by following some easy steps. If you are looking for the steps to change your Instagram password then you are in the right place. We have laid down the steps to reset your password and it is quite easy to follow.
How to change/reset the Instagram password?
There are two ways through which you can change or reset your Instagram password. For those who do not know the steps can take help from the guide given below.
Method 1: Resetting your password from the website
You can reset your Instagram password by visiting the official website. here is what you need to do.
- The first thing you need to do is visit Instagram’s official website online and then click on the login button located at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you will find the option forgot the password. Click on that link.
- Now enter the credentials such as email, username or phone number that you used when you first created the account. once you pass the security check successfully, click on the reset-password button.
- You will receive an email on your registered email address. The mail contains a link to reset your password. Open the mail and click on the reset-password button.
- In this step, you are required to enter your new password and then retype it again to confirm it. Now click on the reset password link for one final time. Make sure that you enter a strong password. This is important so that you can keep your account protected from hackers.
- In the end, you will be signed-in and redirected to your Instagram account.
Method 2: Resetting your password from the app
For those who are not comfortable with the first method can change their password from the Instagram app itself. This method is actually easier than the first one.
The steps laid down below are for android users. However, the steps are pretty much the same even for ios users. Here is what you have to do.
- At first, you need to open the Instagram app and then click on the link get help signing in on the sign-in page.
- Enter the email, username or phone number that you used while creating your account for the first time. make sure you enter the credentials correctly. Click on the Next button.
- You will receive a mail or a message from Instagram. You can even log into your account through a linked Facebook account if you have enabled that option. The message you have received contains a code that you have to type in the app. this will allow you to reset your password and sign in.
- If you choose the email option, you will receive a mail at the address you used to sign up with Instagram.
- Open the mail and click on the option log in as <username> button. Alternatively, you can also click on the reset your Instagram password option. No matter which option you select, you will be redirected to the password reset page.
- Type in your new password and then click on the reset button. You need to make sure that you set a strong password.
- Once you are done you will be signed in and redirected to your Instagram account.
Well, now you know both the methods to reset your Instagram password. The steps are easy to follow so you shouldn’t face any problem while completing the process. It is better to opt for the second method as it is an easier alternative. Also, you don’t have to visit the Instagram site through a browser.
Tips To Set Your Instagram Password
Your Instagram account is as important as your other accounts. After all, you have put in so much effort to make your account popular. Here are some useful tips you can follow to set your Instagram password.
1. Set a strong password
This is the most important thing to keep in mind while setting your Instagram password. You need to make sure that your password is as strong as possible. Many of you have the habit of setting your birth date or your name as your password. Well, these type of passwords are easy to guess and can be easily hacked.
Your password should be a combination of alphabets and digits. It should be minimum 10 or 8 digits long. It should also contain both uppercase and lowercase letters. The bottom line is to set a password that can’t be easily guessed. This way you will be able to keep your account safe from hackers and other people.
2. Change your password frequently
Another important thing to keep in mind is to change the password often. Most of us ignore the need to change our password. But this can make your account vulnerable to hackers. It is advised that you change your password after every month or three months. This way you will be able to maintain the security of your account.
3. Use a unique password
This is not only applicable to your Instagram account but also to your other accounts. You should always set a unique password so that people can’t guess it easily.
It is not always hackers that target your profile. Sometimes even your friends may think of pranking you. If you use your favourite heroes’ name or birth date as your password, your friends will easily guess it. Therefore, you should set something completely unique which no one can guess except you.
4. Never share your password with anyone
You should never share your Instagram password with anyone. Let’s say you share your password with your best friends. They may take advantage of your account and even post pictures on your behalf. In worst cases, they may even send wrong messages to people form your account. These are common pranks played by people on their friends. If you don’t want any such thing to happen to you then you should keep your password to yourself.
If you are logging into your Instagram account from your friend’s device make sure you log out of it and remove your account from their account. If you forget to do so then they will easily guess access to your account. This will allow them to check your private messages and do other bad stuff from your account.
So these are some of the tips that you should follow or keep in mind when setting your Instagram account. If you don’t want to end up losing your account then you need to pay attention to the security of your account.
Now that you know the steps to change or reset your Instagram password, you shouldn’t have any problem completing the step. You can either reset it from the website or from the app. Choose any of the methods that you think is easier for you. Also, don’t forget to change your password often. This is important to keep your account safe from getting hacked or misused.