I see people post multiple pictures on Instagram at once, and I heave a sigh. This sigh is of utmost relief because I am an addicted Instagram lover, and for the gram, I love to take fantastic photos to tease my followers.
However, as most Instagram and picture lovers are familiar with, I often find it challenging to choose a picture from my gallery’s various images.
The good thing is, Instagram made it easier for photoholics like me to upload multiple photos on the gram at once. Hence, the need for my research on how to go about it.
This article will share insightful details on uploading multiple pictures on Instagram and other topics around it.
Unlike it used to be, people now post up to 10 pictures on Instagram at once, and no, it’s not overwhelming as most people have seen.
The picture shows a blue dotted line indicating that there are more pictures to check if viewers slide. Viewing these multiple pictures is more like viewing a story.
Comments and likes appear on all the pictures/videos shared rather than an individual photo.
An interesting thing about posting multiple pictures at once is that clients can edit their caption and location. However, they can not edit or delete any part of the uploaded images, neither can they reorder the pictures.
So, how do you go about it? The good thing is, it is relatively easy to do. Highlighted below is a step-by-step method of how to post multiple pictures on Instagram at once.
- In the internet feed screen, click on the +icon to view your library – Once you click on the icon, the recent pictures in your gallery are displayed.
- Click on the multiple post icon and select the pictures/videos you want to upload, not more than 10.
- If you want to adjust how each picture fits, tap on the photo and crop to your taste. You can also choose an orientation of your choice, either portrait, square, or landscape – this, in essence, impacts all the pictures you intend to post.
- Once you are through with the step above, click on next at the top right.
- If you want to edit your pictures, click on the filter at the bottom of your screen, then apply it to all your photos. If you’re going to add different filters for different images, tap on the pictures or videos individually and use the filter one after the other.
- If you want to change the arrangement of the videos or photos, click on the picture and then drag it to the position you want it to be. When you are through with this, tap next.
- If you want to, you can add your location and also tag someone in the individual pictures.
Click on ‘tag people’ and then swipe to look for and select the picture you want to tag people in.
- The last step, share!
In 2017 when Instagram announced its multiple pictures feature, many people were instantly drawn to it because sometimes, a single picture doesn’t adequately tell the story.
At first, it was available for sponsored posts before it extended to other Instagram users.
Instagram users post multiple pictures at once on Instagram because it helps them revamp their timeline.
Posting a picture of the same outfit or outlook numerous times a day does not improve your timeline, especially for those who are into content creation.
Also, people post multiple pictures on Instagram because it enables them to engage with their followers better.
Entrepreneurs can post up to about four images, encouraging their followers to vote for one of the pictures – this sometimes gives the firm insight into their target audience’s needs/wants.
The ideal question should be, can one post multiple pictures on an Instagram story at once?
Yes, you can. Instagram’s new story feature permits users to post multiple stories at once. There are two ways to go about this, and both methods will be highlighted below.
The first is uploading multiple pictures by using a collage – the notable one for Instagram is layout app, and the second is, knowing the metrics of Instagram multiple image functions.
The new feature, which is called layout, launched globally in 2019, allows users to post up to about six pictures at once.
The layout is in the form of a collage-making app created by Instagram. You have to download the Layout app on your Android or iPhone to utilize/benefit from its fantastic feature.
Here is a step-by-step method on how to use the layout app.
- Download the Layout app on your app store and install it on your phone.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Make a selection of the pictures you want to add to the collage.
- Choose the layout format you want for your collage – you can arrange the pictures in the collage the way you want it once you have chosen a template.
- If you are satisfied with the result, click Save at the top right corner of the app.
- The saved picture will automatically appear on your camera roll, and you can then post it to your Instagram story.
However, the second method is relatively more straightforward than the first method above – the procedure allows your picture to stand on its own in your story. A step-by-step process of how to go about this is highlighted below.
- Log onto Instagram through the Instagram app.
- Tap on the +icon at the top-left corner on the homepage.
- Swipe up to see a display of your recent pictures on your camera roll.
- At the down right corner, you’ll see an option – ‘select multiple’ with an overlapping square icon by the side – tap on the option.
- Select the pictures you’d want to appear on your Instagram story.
- After this, click on next.
- Edit the pictures by clicking on the icon in the down, left corner.
- Click on Next, and your post is live on your Instagram story!
Using a PC to go on various social media platforms is becoming a common practice. It’s relatively easy to upload a single picture to Instagram via chrome, safari, firefox, or other apps.
However, Instagram does not allow users to upload multiple pictures on Instagram from a system. The good thing is, you can use Hootsuite or other media publishing tools.
You can upload multiple pictures on the app by connecting your Instagram account to either Deskgram, Hootsuite, or other publishing tools and choosing various photos to post through the tool.
Some of the tools and ways to effectively use these tools to upload multiple pictures to Instagram are discussed below.
The Hootsuite website is a fantastic platform for uploading multiple pictures to Instagram.
The platform allows users to upload up to ten photos or videos, schedule their post for a future date, or posting right away, and it also allows users to edit their contents.
Below is a step-by-step method of how to post multiple pictures on Instagram via the Hootsuite website.
- Create a Hootsuite account or log in to a Hootsuite account if you have one.
- Tap on the green box that reads ‘New Post’ at the top right corner.
- Under ‘ post to,’ a new window will be displayed; choose the Instagram account you want to publish your content.
- If you have not added a social media account yet, tap on the button that reads ‘Add a social network’ and adhere to the given instructions.
- In the media section, add the multiple pictures you’ll love to post.
- Improve the quality of your pictures or videos with the photo editor.
- Add a caption and include your hashtags in the Text section. The website also permits its users to add their location at the bottom.
- Once you are satisfied with the result, click on the ‘Post Now’ option.
- If you want to publish your post at a different time, the website allows users to schedule the post later.
Deskgram is useful for telling a visual story about your firm. In recent times, many social media users are increasingly in high demand for visual content.
Most brands need to post multiple pictures to engage their audience. Here is where Deskgram comes in helpful – the platform enables you to share numerous photos that engage your target audience.
Instagram does not endorse the website. However, it uses the Instagram API. The platform allows users to upload pictures/videos, tag people on their posts, like and comment, and view the timeline.
Below is a step by step method of how to upload multiple pictures on Instagram via Deskgram
- Open the website on your system’s browser.
- On the top of the page, there is a download link, tap on it.
- Download the app and install the Instagram app.
- Fill in your Instagram login details and start using the Deskgram website.
- You can then share your pictures on the app.
This third-party app for uploading multiple pictures on Instagram offers its users two plans. The free plan permits its users to use the majority of the application’s features. However, the pro plan allows users to tag people on their posts; it also allows them to upload 60 seconds.
However, the downside to this site is that the website cannot be used straight away; users need to download an application.
Some people find it difficult to upload multiple pictures on Instagram even after they update their Instagram app. Don’t worry; you are at the right place to get your issue fixed.
Highlighted below are some simple steps to correct the problem.
- Uninstall the Instagram app on your phone first, then re-install a new Instagram app. Check if the issue has been fixed.
- Your RAM storage or CPU architecture may be insufficient, and it won’t offer the necessary support to the app.
- Clear the cache on your phone – you can do this by downloading any suitable app on the play store to clean your phone’s cache memory. When your phone’s cache is unclean, it can stop some apps on your phone from functioning correctly.
- After clearing your phone’s cache, log out of your Instagram account, and log back in.
- Clear the app’s data. Here’s the precise method to go about this: for Android users, go to settings > Apps > Instagram > and clear data.
However, for iPhone users, go to settings again, > general, > storage and iCloud usage, then > manage storage.
- Restart your phone.
- Turn off your data, then turn it on again.
It’s safe to say that aside from picture lovers who love to post multiple pictures on Instagram for the fun of it, brands also utilize the picture-sharing platform to engage their target audience via numerous displays of images.
Posting multiple images at once is particularly useful for brands – many brands have recognized the potential of posting numerous pictures at once on Instagram.
We’ll briefly look at the best practices for uploading multiple pictures below.
- Carefully select the first image that will show in your slideshow, as this mostly determines whether people will scroll through the rest of your pictures or not. Ensure the first image is visually appealing.
- More importantly, include a call to action in your caption. Inform the audience to swipe through the rest of the pictures as some people can overlook the blue dotted lines. Let them know there’s more to see.
- Also, don’t add too many pictures; only include the fascinating and necessary images – this part is very tempting, especially for picture lovers who find it difficult to upload a single snapshot of themselves or their brand. Stay focused, and only add the picture if it’s relevant to your goals.
In sum, the article shares a detailed insight into how to upload multiple pictures on Instagram at once and various other topics that revolve around it. Look through the article to get your issues fixed if you’re having any problems related to it.