How To Reactivate An Instagram Account
Social media, in general, can be a blessing to this generation but at the same time, a curse. You can start promoting your business or brand perfectly, but suddenly you’re annoyed by your followers to the extent you want to throw your phone on the floor.
There is a lot of pressure when it comes to managing an Instagram account with massive followers, and a sometimes you just need a break from the platform, and the best way to do that is by deactivating your account. Instagram allows users to deactivate and reactive their accounts with a few clicks.
For some people they find it difficult reactive their account or in some cases most of your posts are lost, that’s when you get tensed because your account is almost empty without the previous content you’ve posted.
In this article, we’ll show you how to reactive your Instagram account following simple steps, but before that there is the need to explain some terms that are misunderstood by Instagram users when it comes to reactivating their account, we’ll differentiate these terms for you.
A Deactivated Account
This is when you personally logged into your Instagram and deactivated the account. This way, your profile and its content aren’t visible. And also after deactivating the account, you can still log in to view your content but your followers can’t. Any time you want to reactivate your account, you can log in and reactivate.
You can deactivate your account by login in and then choose “edit profile”; there will be the option “temporarily disable my account”. It will take minutes or a few hours before the deactivation is in effect.
When you deactivate your account through this method, you can easily reactivate anytime you want.
A Disabled Account
This means Instagram has temporarily blocked your account for violating their rules. You won’t be able to perform any action on your account; you might log in in some situations but can’t post any content, like, comment and more. In this case, you need to send an appeal if you want to reactivate your account.
If your account is deleted, nothing can be done to reactivate that account, because deleting the account has removed all content from the Instagram platform. Most of the time, deletion is done manually by the Instagram staff. They delete accounts that have repeatedly violated their terms of service or are running the illegal or inappropriate business. But if you, however, believe your account was deleted by mistake you can still contact support to see if they can help.
Top Ways To Reactivate Your Instagram Account Fast
Reactivating The Account You Disabled From Profile
This is easy to deal with; you can reactivate by following the steps below;
- Open your Instagram app.
- Add your login details, email, username or phone, if this space isn’t provided you need to find the login button that will allow you to enter the details.
- Enter your password, and if lost you can choose “forgot password “option, you’ll receive an email on how to reset a new password.
- In most cases, after login into your account, it becomes active again, no need to take any further action, you just continue running your account. Sometimes there might be more screen instructions that will show you the next steps to follow in order to reactivate the account.
- Phone verification might be required if you haven’t logged in for a while and might be asked to accept the updated terms and conditions. Email verification also might be needed; they’ll send a link to your email which you need to click in order to reactivate your account.
Reactivating Disabled Account
If you tried to log into your Instagram account but not given access, chances are your account has been disabled provided you’ve checked all login information is correct.
Instagram can disable accounts without notice, and when you try to log in, access is blocked, you need to follow some steps in order to recover your account.
You might get a message like “your account has been disabled”, and most times it’s due to violation of rules. You can still recover your account but subject to review from their support team.
- You should visit Instagram help page by visiting; https://help.instagram.com, you can’t open the link from Instagram app, open with your browser, either with your phone or with your pc. But a PC will be better since you can type fast and explain to them why they need to reactivate your account.
- The page you open will provide fields to enter your details such as name, email, phone address and the username of your Instagram account.
- There is the message box also available where you’ll explain why they shouldn’t disable your account. Depending on your location, they will reply back within a few hours. U.S residents get a faster response than other countries; some use the U.S as their country when filling the form even if they’re not from there.
- In your message or when replying back to them don’t start apologizing right away, unless there is content on your profile that can be used as evidence you violated their terms of service, don’t be rude or disrespectful either.
- Don’t also show you’re desperate to get back your account; don’t use harsh language because it’ll make things worse. If you know, you’re innocent always defend yourself.
- Always give a thank you at the end of your message, they’ll respect you from their side also; just do your best to convince them to reactivate your disabled account. If you haven’t violated Instagram terms of service, your account will be reactivated with some advice from their side.
Troubleshooting Login Problems For Instagram Accounts
We’ll share some helpful tips that will help you reactivate your Instagram account when you have login problems;
Instagram Account Reactivation Tips
- When you try to login with your username, and it’s not working, you should use email or phone number to see if that work.
- If you have type your password multiple times and it didn’t work, you should consider resetting the password, also note that password is case sensitive, you want to make sure the caps lock is off.
- If you’re facing login problems, you should consider turning off your internet connection from phone, then ON it again to see if it works. If you’re using wifi, you should also do the same. If you’re using wifi and you can’t log in, try using your cellular data.
- Use a different device, if you’re using a phone, try using your pc to see if that solve the problem, and vice versa. There are instances where some data is stored that’s preventing the user from login into the account. And also, there are apps that can interfere with Instagram activities. When you switch to another device, and you can log in, it means there is a problem with your previous device, and that means you need to fix the app on the device.
- Always update your Instagram app whenever an update is available, most update help fix bugs that’s interfering with app activities.
- If updating Instagram app doesn’t help, you should consider reinstalling the app. Un-install the app from settings and then visit your app store to download and install again. Re-installing the app solves a lot of Instagram technical errors. Uninstalling the app doesn’t delete your data, your data will be back after installing Instagram again, but for extra security, for your data, you can always back up your data before uninstalling the app. Use back up apps that are available in the app store, you can find good apps absolutely free, but if you want more helpful features you have to upgrade; like instant back up for all your phones data.
- When you receive the message, your account doesn’t exist chances are your account has been deleted, and it’s hardly possible you can recover it. And when this happens all your activities are also gone, there is no way you can recover all the content posted.
These are some of the tips you need to keep in mind in order to reactivate your account. Now we’ll answer some of the common questions asked by Instagram users regarding account reactivation;
Frequent Questions Asked Regarding Instagram Account Reactivations
When I reactivated my Instagram account, is it reactivated instantly?
No, the process isn’t instant; if you’re lucky your account might be live again within 24 hours, in other cases, it can take up to one week.
Will Instagram Notify Your Followers That You’ve Deactivated Your Account?
No, your activities you will be hidden from them without notice, so have peace of mind you’re going solo without anyone knowing.
Can I Restore Deleted Instagram Account?
Absolutely NO, you can only restore when you temporarily disable it from your account profile edit option.
Does Instagram Delete Inactive Accounts?
Inactive account means haven’t logged in for some time and no activity on your account. Instagram though encourage users to log in every now and then into their account, at some point of inactivity Instagram can delete your account, but will take some years before that happens.
How Many Times Are Instagram Users Allowed To Deactivate Their Account?
You can do that as many times as you want, but you can’t do that frequently, like deactivating in the morning and reactivating after a few hours, then the next day you do the same. Any time you feel you need a break you can always deactivate your account but don’t do it often.
This is it for the article, and we hope you’ll succeed in reactivating your Instagram account without much hassle, let us know what you think in the comment section.