Instagram is a platform with amazing photos everywhere, no social media site can compete with Instagram when it comes to sharing photos. Whether it’s a profile picture or sharing photos in Posts and Stories, they’re ahead of the curve.
Instagram allows users to upload high-quality images in full sizes, but visitors on the other hand can hardly access these high-resolution profile images.
Most will only take a screenshot that is small in size or moderate size which is not the same in quality as the original picture uploaded on the profile.
As you already know Instagram doesn’t allow users to download images directly using the app, you’ll have to find a way to get the original profile picture in full resolution and with original quality.
A lot of guides out there will recommend using your PC browser to save the profile picture. You can of course save the image by right-clicking and then selecting the “Save Image” option, but you’ll end up with a small image that still doesn’t fix the problem.
I bet you want to get the original high-resolution image that is uploaded on the profile by the user. If that’s what you’re looking for, we’ll explain to you how you can get profile pictures on Instagram.
How To View And Download Instagram Profile Picture Of Another User
Let’s take a look at the different options that are available to view and save Instagram profile pictures on your device.
You should log in to your Instagram account and open the profile you want to save or download the picture from. If you’re looking for a user, you can search for their username and then click or tap to open their profile.
- Tap on the profile picture so that it can become a little larger, it’s not the same as the original though. Even if it’s not enlarged for you, you can swipe the screen to enlarge, but the quality will be lost.
- Once you can view the image, you then swipe down your screen to select the screenshot icon, it’s available in the tray menu for all mobile devices including Android.
- The entire page will be captured, but you have the option to adjust the area you want to capture in the edit option. You can move from all directions so that only the required area is captured.
- The image will now be saved in the Screenshots folder or any location where you choose to save all screenshots.
How To Screenshot Instagram Profile Picture On PC
- You should first login to your Instagram account.
- Open the profile you want to view the profile picture.
- Right-click on the image and select “open image in a new tab” or it can be something like “open the image URL in a new tab”, the option will depend on the type of browser you’re using.
- When you open the image in a new tab, you can now take the screenshot. If you already have a screenshot tool, you can just screenshot the entire profile image displayed on a new tab.
- If you don’t have any screenshot tool, you should head over to the chrome store and search for the “Screenshot” in the search field. You’ll be presented with a few screenshot extensions that are easier to use.
- Select the screenshot tool you want to use, it’s better to choose the ones placed at the top of the search result and also with a lot of user reviews and high ratings.
- Once the screenshot extension is added to chrome, you can now view the icon and when you click on it, you can see the option either take a screenshot of the full page or some part of the page.
- After taking the screenshot, you can save it on your PC.
- There are also different screenshot applications for both Windows and Mac. One good tool to use is “Snagit” this is a powerful tool for taking screenshots and you can as well edit the images captured.
Saving The Profile Picture Directly On Mobile Or PC
The Instagram app doesn’t allow saving pictures directly to your device, the PC app that is available for Windows 10 users also doesn’t support that since it works pretty the same way as the mobile app. You’ll have to use your browser in order to save a profile picture on both mobile and PC. This method is recommended if you don’t have any screenshot tool and you don’t want to install any app or extension in your chrome browser. Here is how to do that.
- Open your browser and load Instagram.com.
- Login to your account.
- Open the profile you want to save the picture from.
- You should follow these steps both on pc or mobile browser.
- If you’re on PC, you just need to right-click and select “Save as” from the context menu. If you also like you can first open the image in a new tab just like it has been mentioned above. You can then right-click the picture and select the save option.
- If you’re using a mobile browser, you need to “Long Tap” the image and then select “Download Image”. This option is available for chrome users, it can be another option similar to this in other browsers.
- You’ll be prompted to select the location you want to save the image.
How To Save Or Download Someone’s Profile Picture On Instagram
So far all the methods outlined won’t allow you to save the original profile photo uploaded by the user unless it’s a small image they uploaded.
If you try to enlarge the image by taping it on your screen, you’ll find that the photo will lose its quality. There are third-party apps that allow users to download the original photo of any profile without any cropping or resizing.
This way you can have the original resolution of the image you want to save. We’ll take a look at some of these tools and apps, and how you can use them to save or download profile photos on Instagram.
This is the most popular tool when it comes to saving or downloading an Instagram profile photo. It’s an online tool that allows users to save or download someone’s Instagram profile photo without installing anything on their device.
You just need to enter the username of the profile you wish to grab the profile photo from and it will take care of the rest.
This tool might not necessarily grab the exact image uploaded by the user since Instagram will resize the photo when it’s been uploaded on their platform.
Some users reported that the tool can sometimes fail to grab the profile photo, but in most cases it’s because the username isn’t correct. You should try selecting the suggestions provided. Here is how to use Instadp to download or save a profile photo on Instagram;
- Type instadp.com in your browser.
- You’ll have the option to type the “username” of the profile page from which you want to save or download the photo.
- After entering the username, the photo will be displayed for you.
- You then click on download to save the photo on your device.
- Instadp goes beyond downloading profile photos only, you can grab photos from posts and stories. This option is also available on the website and clicking on this option will allow you to download pictures from posts and stories just like you did for profile photos.
This is another tool you want to try, if Instadp doesn’t work for you, you should then use this online tool as well. It’s also an online tool also that doesn’t require any app installation. You just need to visit the cloud-based tool and grab the photo. Here is how to use this tool;
- Visit izuum.com in your browser.
- Enter “username” for the profile you want to download the photo from in the field provided.
- Just like the previous website, if the photo has been fetched, it will be displayed for you.
- Hover around the photo and click “Save” to download and save the image on your device.
These online tools are enough to help you grab and save any profile photo on Instagram. The advantage of using them is that no installation is required and they can be used both on PC and mobile devices provided you can launch a browser on the mobile device. If you however want to install third-party apps on your mobile device, you can do that as well. Let’s share some of the apps you can use for both Android and iOS devices;
How To Save Someone’s Instagram Profile Photo On Android
- Login and sign in to your Instagram app.
- Open the profile you want to view the profile photo and grab their username.
- You can write it down or copy it to the clipboard.
- Open your Google Play Store App and search for the app “InstaProfile”, the app will appear and you need to install this app on your Android device.
- Once you launch “InstaProfile” you’ll be given the option to enter the username of the profile. You should now paste or type the username of the profile you copied earlier.
- After retrieving the profile photo, you have the option to download it or save it to your storage.
How To Save Someone’s Instagram Profile Picture On iPhone
iOS devices also have their own unique tools for downloading and saving profile pictures on Instagram. The popular one among them is IGProfile. Let’s also outline how you can download and save profile pictures using this app;
- Just like all the other methods, you’ll need the username of the profile you wish to grab the photo from. If you’re not sure of the username, you should login to your account and search for it to trace the profile, then you copy the exact username.
- Visit the app store and search for the app “IGProfile”, tap to install, and then launch the app.
- When IGProfile opens, you should add the username of the profile you copied.
- The app will now grab the profile picture for you so that you can download and save it to your device.
This is how to download and save profile pictures on both Android and iOS operating systems.
What If I Cannot See The Profile Picture
It can happen that the profile picture isn’t displayed for you, all the tools we talked about will show you the picture first and then give you the option to download the picture.
It’s always recommended you visit the profile page and take note of the profile picture you want to download. If the tool failed to download the correct image or it’s showing empty, you can then take some necessary steps. Here is what to do if you can’t see the profile picture.
- Make sure the username is correct: It’s possible that the username isn’t correct, maybe you made a typo that resulted in an incorrect username, and hence the tool you’re using failed to fetch the picture since the username hardly exists.
- Make sure the profile has a profile picture; Some users won’t bother to upload photos on their profile and you need to confirm they have uploaded a picture.
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet; If you don’t have an active internet connection or the network is very slow, the tool you’re using won’t be able to download the image for you. You have to fix your network if that’s the case and make sure it’s working fast.
- Make sure the profile you want to download the picture is a public account; If it’s a private account and you’re not following the user, you cannot view their content. Nothing you can do but to send a follow request, after the user accepts your request, you can now download the image.
That’s it on how to download someone’s profile picture on Instagram, let us know if you have other options that are not mentioned in this post or if you want to share some tips regarding downloading and saving Instagram profile pictures.